School of Business – Department of Marketing
Course Name: Social Innovation
Course Code: 20SMGB316
Instructor Name: Dr. Sam Toglaw
Assessment Date: 8 Oct 21 (Week 3)
Assessment Time: 23:59 pm (submit a pdf copy on LMS)
Live Presentations: Week 4 (MS TEAMS)
Student ID No:
This assessment is an individual assessment and is worth 15% of the total grade of the unit. The students are required to complete a structured Presentation as detailed in the assessment template. This assessment covers SLO1 and SLO2
DO NOT WRITE IN THE AREA BELOW:
Instructor’s signature: __________________________
Student’s Signature: __________________________
You are required to do a power point presentation introducing social innovation and wicked problems in a Petcha Kutcha style. Max 20 slides X 20 seconds each. You will be given a max of 7 min.
Social innovations are new inventive social practices that aim to meet social needs in a better way than the existing solutions. You are required to do your own research online about social innovation and summarize your findings in a power point format. Your presentation should cover the following important topics:-
Define social innovation from a practical point of view. Explain the difference between social innovation and social entrepreneurship.
Why social innovation is important for any society in the world?
There are numerous examples of social innovations happening all over the world. Introduce one good example and explain its positive impact on the society.
Describe wicked problems. Think about an example for a wicked problem locally or in the Middle East. What do you propose to solve this wicked problem? Disclaimer: Political conflicts or problems are excluded and are considered outside the scope of this unit
Student and Assessor sign here to acknowledge the assessment result and any further noted actions to be taken.
Assessment 1: Individual Presentation 15%
Meets minimum standards
Does not meet minimum standards
(1) Video material is permitted.
(2) Slides must be accompanied by notes related to concepts covered in the lecture, max number of slides = 20, max time 400 seconds.
C1-Introduction and reflection
Clear and attracting introduction
Definition of social innovation and as required in task-1
C2-Address main points
*Address all questions / points raised in this assignment
*Explain how the underpinning knowledge is applied in a real life case. Tasks 2,3
C3-Social innovation for world problems
*Present a local / ME problem. What solution you propose for the problem you selected. Task -4
*The presentation is creative, well-thought out.
*Presentation includes at least three academic references
* Presenters effectively encouraged student involvement.
*Presenters did not exceed the time limit.
Assessment Cover Sheet Issue No.2 Revision No. 7
Reference Number/Code: [ACK.FO.VPAC.10.01] Revision Date: March 2018
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.