Our nation’s focus on crime has made a gradual shift away from drugs to what many perceive to be the major problem facing our criminal justice system today: juvenile crime, especially violent crime. Terms such as “superpredator” have been used to describe a class of violent juvenile offenders who prey on society. Depending on the severity of the crime and the age of the juvenile, many states allow prosecutors the flexibility of transferring juveniles to the adult court system. Respond to the following questions, and support your positions using credible research:
Research 3 state- or federal-level court cases regarding the transfer of juveniles to the adult court system.
Address the following in 1,250–1,750 words:
For each case, briefly describe the details of the case and the court’s decision.
Generally speaking, how do courts and their decisions impact criminal justice policy decisions? Explain.
How have your selected court cases (and similar cases) and their rulings impacted public policy decisions regarding juveniles in the criminal justice system? Explain in detail.
What significant challenges do correctional officials face in housing juveniles who have been tried and convicted as adults? Explain.
What selection criteria are used in making a determination as to whether to transfer a juvenile case to the criminal court? Explain.
Do you believe that waiver of 13- and 14-year-olds from juvenile to adult court, in general, is a good idea? Why or why not? Explain.
Be sure to reference all of your sources using APA style.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.