On the internet or your phone, listen to TWO of the following songs from the funk genre in the list below: o Wild Cherry, “Play that Funky Music” o Lyn Collins, “Think (About It)” o Isley Brothers, “It’s Your Thing” o War, “Lowrider” o Marvin Gaye, “Got to Give It Up” o James Brown, “Papas Got A Brand New Bag” o Funkadelic, “One Nation Under a Groove” o Sly and the Family Stone, “Thank You” o Rufus and Chaka Khan, “Tell Me Something Good” o Kool and the Gang, “Jungle Boogie” o Kool and the Gabg, “Get Down on It” o The Commodores, “Brick House” o Rick James, “Super Freak” o Zapp, “Bounce to the Ounce” MUS 121 – Rhythm Blues and Hip Hop Unit 5 – Funk – Music as a Cultural Artifact – Guided Listening Assignment After listening to your TWO selections, answer the following questions in a word document: o Define the musical term: Funk o Share a brief biography of each of the two bands you chose. o, Name the members of each of these bands. o Examine the lyrics and share the lines of each song which are your favorite and/or made an impression on you. o What are the ideas being addressed in each of these songs? o What is the date that the original music was written? What is the date that this original recording was made/released ? o Has anyone else recorded the two songs you have chosen? If so, find one YouTube recording of “covers” of each the two songs you have chosen if they are available. If nothing is available, please indicate that as well. o List the instruments you hear in these recordings. Are each of these songs the same or different instrumentation? o How would you describe the rhythm? 1950s shuffle rhythm, ska, rock steady, reggae? o What was your favorite thing about the performances/recordings? o What emotions did the performances/recordings make you feel when you heard it? Requirements: Three to four pages in length, excluding the Reference page. APA format, including an in-text citation for referenced works. At least four resources
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.