PRAC 6635 Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form
Desired Clinical Skills for
Students to Achieve
Confident (Can complete independently)
Mostly confident (Can complete with supervision)
Beginning (Have performed with supervision or need supervision
to feel confident)
New (Have never performed or does not apply)
Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation skills in:
Recognizing clinical signs and
symptoms of psychiatric illness
Differentiating between pathophysiological and psychopathological conditions
Performing and interpreting a comprehensive and/or interval history and physical examination (including laboratory and diagnostic
Performing and interpreting a mental status examination
Performing and interpreting a psychosocial assessment and family psychiatric history
Performing and interpreting a
functional assessment (activities of daily living, occupational, social, leisure, educational).
Diagnostic reasoning skill in:
Demonstrate knowledge of psychopathology of mental illnesses through discussion for different age groups and mental illnesses
Developing and prioritizing a differential diagnoses list
Formulating diagnoses according to DSM 5 based on assessment data
Differentiating between normal/abnormal age-related physiological and
Psychotherapeutic Treatment Planning:
Provide psychoeducation to individuals and/or any caregivers
Promote health and disease prevention techniques
Self Assessment skill:
Develop SMART goals for practicum experiences
Evaluating outcomes of practicum goals and modify plan as necessary
Documenting and reflecting on learning experiences
Maintains professional boundaries and therapeutic relationship with clients and staff
Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to improve clinical practice in mental health settings
Identifies ethical and legal dilemmas with possible resolutions
Demonstrates nonjudgmental practice approach and empathy
Practices within scope of practice
Selecting and implementing appropriate screening instrument(s) and interpreting results:
Demonstrates selecting the correct screening instrument appropriate for the clinical situation
Implements the screening instrument efficiently and effectively with the clients
Interprets results for screening instruments
Identifies the need to refer to another specialty provider when applicable
Accurately documents recommendations for psychiatric consultations when applicable
Summary of strengths:
Empathy is one of my greatest strengths and is one of the most needed skills in the nursing field. I intended to utilize this skill alongside an active listening skill to give the utmost care the patient deserves. Also, as an NP student, I understand the need to seek help from my preceptor when needed and demonstrate professionalism at all times as I work towards being a competent clinician.
1 Goal I will be able to recognize specific signs and symptoms associated with certain mental health issues by the end of this quarter
a. objective: I will be able to list up to 10 potential diagnoses with their reasons at the end of this quarter
b. Objective: I will be able to confidently put together a list of potential diagnoses for each client by the end of the quarter
Opportunities for growth:
Some of the areas I’m looking for growth in the next ten weeks of the practicum will include working with my preceptor and other treatment teams in learning the prominent signs and symptoms of psychiatric diagnosis and Indications for prescribing specific medications for mental health patients. I would also love to know more about handling and addressing the group and family dynamics and individual personalities.
Now, write three to four (3–4) possible goals and objectives for this practicum experience. Ensure that they follow the SMART Strategy, as described in the Learning Resources.
c. Objective: I will observe and have my preceptor explain to me how the Patient’s potential diagnoses are chosen and concluded
Goal: My goal is to work with my preceptor and the rest of the treatment team for the best outcome for the patient’s health in this quarter
a. Objective: To assess and reassess the patients as needed for a positive outcome.
b. Objective: To modify patient’s treatment as needed for a positive result
c. Objective: To assess the patient’s reaction to care appropriately and make a choice on how to alter the care by using the pt’s information
Goal: My goal is to improve my communication skill and increase my attentiveness to the patient’s concerns by the end of semester.
a. Objective: I will watch my preceptor’s way of communication with the patient.
b. Objective: I will ask questions from my preceptor and the treatment team.
c. Objective: I will relate with the patient as much as possible on my clinical days.
Course/Section: NRNP 6635/6640
Assignment: Journal Entry
Critical reflection of your growth and development during your practicum experience in a clinical setting has the benefit of helping you to identify opportunities for improvement in your clinical skills, while also recognizing your strengths and successes.
Use this Journal to reflect on your clinical strengths and opportunities for improvement, the progress you made, and what insights you will carry forward into your next practicum
· Refer to the “Advanced Nursing Practice Competencies and Guidelines” found in the Week 1 Learning Resources, and consider the quality measures or indicators advanced nursing practice nurses must possess in your specialty of interest.
· Refer to your “Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form” you submitted in Week 1, and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
· Refer to your Patient Log in Meditrek, and consider the patient activities you have experienced in your practicum experience. Reflect on your observations and experiences.
In 450–500 words, address the following:
Learning From Experiences
· Revisit the goals and objectives from your Practicum Experience Plan. Explain the degree to which you achieved each during the practicum experience.
· Reflect on the three (3) most challenging patients you encountered during the practicum experience. What was most challenging about each?
· What did you learn from this experience?
· What resources did you have available?
· What evidence-based practice did you use for the patients?
· What new skills are you learning?
· What would you do differently?
· How are you managing patient flow and volume?
Communicating and Feedback
· Reflect on how you might improve your skills and knowledge and how to communicate those efforts to your Preceptor.
· Answer the questions: How am I doing? What is missing?
· Reflect on the formal and informal feedback you received from your Preceptor.
Reflection demonstrates a high level of critical thinking in applying and integrating key course concepts and theories from readings, lectures, and/or Discussions. Insightful and relevant connections are made through contextual explanations and examp
Expresses solid evidence of reflection on own work. Demonstrates substantial personal growth and awareness of deeper meaning through inferences, well developed insights, and significant depth in awareness and challenges. Synthesizes current experience into future implications.
Well written and clearly organized using standard English, characterized by elements of a strong writing style and basically free from grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling errors.
PLS FORMULATE THE REFLECTION PAPER BASED ON THE ASSESSMENT SKILLS ATTACHED WITH THIS DOC. THANK YOU!
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.