Organizational Performance Management Table
Choose a health care organization and research it to complete this table, and then share it with your learning team as you collaborate to complete your presentation. Include your tables as appendices in your presentation.
1. Provide a name of or link to a specific health care organization. Summarize the key products or services provided by the organization and identify the primary customers it serves.
2. Outline the overall content of the major regulations, accreditation requirements, and other standards that affect the organization. Provide the title, section, parts, or subparts, or the numbering system, etc. of the specific regulations or accreditation requirements. Responses should be at least 100 words.
For example: Use of electronic signatures in electronic medical records is equivalent to handwritten signatures on paper; FDA regulation;
Title 21 CFR Part 11
, Subpart C, § 11.200 Electronic Signature
Organization Regulations, Accreditation, and Standards
3. Highlight the effect the organization’s regulations, accreditation requirements, and other standards have on risk management functions and activities. Responses should be at least 100 words.
Effects on Risk Management
4. Identify specific components of performance-management systems—policies and procedures, self-audits, benchmarking, complaint management, corrective or preventive action, education and training, communication, and other mechanisms—to be used by the organization. Responses should be at least 100 words.
Organizational Performance Management Systems
5. Provide several links to relevant sources that will be useful as your learning team completes the paper.
As a team, discuss and compare your chosen organizations selected in this week’s individual assignment, Organizational Management Performance Table, to complete this presentation.
As a team, create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (not counting the title or reference slides) with detailed speaker notes of at least 100 words per slide in which you compare and contrast the organizations selected by each learning team member.
Your presentation should:
Identify the similarities and differences between the types of organizations each team member selected.
Propose how each organization will monitor performance, achieve regulatory and accreditation compliance, and improve overall organizational performance.
Describe ways each organization will communicate with leadership to ensure alignment of organizational goals and gain buy-in from staff to achieve compliance with the standards and requirements issued by regulatory and accreditation bodies.
Determine how compliance with the regulations and development of risk- and quality-management systems for each type of organization contribute to the organization’s overall performance-management system.
MY PART IS: Describe ways each organization will communicate with leadership to ensure alignment of organizational goals and gain buy-in from staff to achieve compliance with the standards and requirements issued by regulatory and accreditation bodies. 2 SLIDES ONLY
ONLY COMPLETE MY PART
MY TEAM MATES CHOSEN ORGANIZATIONS ARE:
Permanente Medical Group
American Hospital Association
I CHOSE: World Health Organization.
PLEASE COMPLETE MY ASSIGNMENT BASED OFF THE INFORMATION GIVEN.
Write a 175- to 265-word response to the following:
What impact do regulatory and accreditation standards have on the risk management process within health care organizations?
Why do you think it’s important for you to understand how both affect risk management?
RESPOND TO CLASSMATES
R1: There are key differences between regulation and accreditation. “Regulation involves rules that must be followed, while accreditation is a seal of approval certifying that an organization or individual has met specific standards. In practice, in health care, accreditation is frequently so essential that many accreditation requirements haver the same power as regulation” (Warburton, 2009). These can impact risk management processes within healthcare because it gives them a set of rules to follow but it also gives staff member the opportunity to add or take away specific steps to the process to make a task easier and/or safer for everyone involved. It is very important to understand how both regulatory and accreditation can affect risk management so you know what you can do and what you cannot do in terms of how you care for a patient. Regulatory practices involve a set of rules that cannot be altered or changed – something that we need to stay within the lines of. Accreditation can be a step that is added to make a task easier and to help minimum safety standards.
Warburton, R. N. (2009, April 1). Accreditation and regulation: Can they help improve patient safety? Patient Safety Network. Retrieved from https://psnet.ahrq.gov/perspective/accreditation-and-regulation-can-they-help-improve-patient-safety.
R2: You may spot a gap in compliance or find that you need to adjust the procedure to make certain task safer. The proactive approach to risk management will result in a safer processes, and therefore, fewer mistakes. As a result, accreditation may provide you with better access to liability insurance” (Impact of Accreditation on Quality in Healthcare). So, the impact is that we catch certain things that can be perceived as harmful to the organizations and patients and have a chance to make the facility and patients safer and especially for the organization it helps cut down the cost of liability insurance which in the bottom line saves the organization money just for being compliant and having a safe facility which as healthcare professionals should be our number one goal anyway. It is important for me as a healthcare professional to understand regulatory and accreditation standard affect risk management because it helps us understand what the standards are and what they are looking for when the come to assess the facility and we will be better prepared so that we are always in compliance.
Impact of Accreditation on Quality in Healthcare: https://www.powerdms.com/policy-learning-center/impact-of-accreditation-on-quality-in-healthcare
Copyright 2020 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.