Shell scripting is commonly used to automate changes and install updates. Write a script to automatically update the Centos Server
Make sure that the script:
Updates the entire Linux machine
Restarts HTTPD (the web server) if there are updates
Extracts the latest zip file containing the software
Places it in the correct location
We have provided a few external resource links to assist you and as always the instructor is here to help
Yum – Linux Shell Scripting Tutorial – A Beginner’s Handbook (Links to an external site.)
What is yum and how do I use it? (Links to an external site.)
How do I apply package updates to my RHEL system? (Links to an external site.)
Students should submit a “.sh” file named “randomUpdate.sh”
This will be graded according to the supplied rubric
Identify and fix the causes of system failures and not the symptom
Resolve problems in a systematic manner
Design and develop change management guidelines for software patches and deployment
Describe the software development life cycle
Assignment due: Friday
Upload a “.sh” file with the correct first line.
The file includes an update command to update all packages on the server.
The file extracts the randomNumber.zip file to the correct directory.
The file cleans up any temporary files.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeThe file logs to syslog using logger. For information on the logger command, type man logger in a terminal.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.