ASSIGNMENT: This assignment has two parts. The first part is to prepare a clear and concise email communication (no more than two paragraphs in the body of the email) to the customer that will inform them about the new delivery date and the refund to compensate for the inconvenience.
The second part is to communicate an internal plan regarding the refunding and redelivery of the shipment. You will draft a message to your colleagues in the Accounts Receivable and Shipping departments about the time frame of each task that clearly identifies who has which task and by what time it needs to be completed. You will need to select an appropriate tool to communicate this message to your colleagues and explain why this would be an effective tool for this purpose.
For this assignment, you will:
Demonstrate your ability to craft messages for the appropriate purpose, tone, structure, and audience.
Be sure to include all the important information you need to communicate.
Select an appropriate tool for workplace communication.
Edit your messages for organization and style, ensuring professionalism with respect to formatting, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Email to the Customer
❒ Have you communicated all essential information to the customer regarding the actions you will take?❒ Have you chosen the appropriate language and tone for this audience?
2. Message to Your Team
❒ Have you communicated all essential information to your team regarding the tasks and timeline?❒ Have you clearly designated roles and responsibilities relating to the tasks?❒ Have you identified the tool from the list provided on the template that you will use to deliver your message?❒ Have you explained your reasons for choosing this tool?❒ Have you structured your message with this specific tool in mind?
3. Formatting and Conventions
❒ Have you formatted both messages using the Touchstone template provided?❒ Have you revised, edited, and proofread your messages to ensure they are clear and error-free?
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
Each email message should be limited to no more than 12 sentences or 200 words.
Use a readable 12-point font.
All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Submission must include your name and the date.
Include all of the assignment components in a single file.
Acceptable file formats include .doc and .docx
Attached is the template, which further breaks down the steps involved in this assignment. You will complete the template as the final submission.
I’ve also attached the grading rubric. Thanks so much!
COMM1010: Communication at Work
Unit 4 Touchstone Template: Plan and Communicate a Time-Based Task
PART 1: CUSTOMER EMAIL
STEP 1: Review the scenario and email message from your manager.
STEP 2: Write an email message to the customer (no more than two body paragraphs) that informs them about the new delivery date and the refund to compensate for the inconvenience. Your message should be limited to no more than 12 sentences or 200 words. Use the following email template.
CUSTOMER EMAIL TEMPLATE
Enter the subject line of your email. It should convey the central point of your message.
Greeting: Enter the greeting for your email
First paragraph: Tell your reader why you’re writing this email, using professional wording. Provide background information.
Second paragraph: Provide the main information for your email. What is it you want to explain or accomplish?
Ending paragraph: Provide a conclusion for your email.
Closing: Create your closing.
Signature: Type your name for your signature.
STEP 3: Review your message to ensure that:
· It includes information relevant for the customer, including the purpose of the email and how the errors will be addressed.
· It emphasizes important points using style mechanics common in professional writing.
· It uses professional language and tone appropriate for a response to an important customer.
PART 2: COMMUNICATE A TIME-BASED TASK
STEP 1: Review the scenario and email message from your manager. Also review the to-do items that need to be completed and their deadlines in the chart below.
Email Renee Colon
Inform relevant departments
Contact Accounts Receivable (AR)
Monday (end of day)
Monday (end of day)
AR issues refund to customer
AR does not charge for replacement
AR send confirmation to customer
Ship replacement package
Package is expedited
Tracking info sent to customer
STEP 2: Based on this information, you will need to communicate an internal plan regarding the refund and redelivery of the shipment by drafting a message to your colleagues in the Accounts Receivable and Shipping Departments. Your message should clearly identify who has what task and the time frame for completion.
Select an appropriate tool from the following list to communicate this message to your colleagues. Explain why this would be an effective tool for this purpose.
Tool Options (Select one):
· Chat message (e.g., Slack, Microsoft Teams)
· Email (e.g., Microsoft Outlook)
· Video Message (e.g., Webex, Zoom)
· Text message (e.g., Android of iOS text messaging)
· Voicemail (e.g., Conference phone, cell phones / smartphones, Google Voice)
Why is this an effective tool for the purpose of the message?
STEP 3: Use the following template to construct your message. Format it appropriately for the tool you have selected. If you selected a video message or voicemail tool, provide a written transcript of your message below. Your message should be limited to no more than 12 sentences or 200 words.
TEAM MESSAGE TEMPLATE
STEP 4: Review your message and make edits to ensure that:
· It clearly identifies who has what to-do item and by what time it needs to be completed.
· It emphasizes important points.
· It uses professional language and tone appropriate for internal communication with coworkers.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.