Week #5 Discussion due Sun 10/3
**Be sure to review the Week #5 Overview page before you complete the Week #5 Discussion assignment.
This week’s Discussion will focus on Colorism, as described in Chapter 9 of Kendi’s book. You will be analyzing this trend through a Synthesis of three or more sources, an analysis which relates ideas on a theme from a variety of sources and perspectives.
You must integrate quotes and ideas from at least three different sources for this write-up (options listed below).
Your write-up will need to include a minimum of nine quotes (at least three from each source), more is fine.
You should include a Works Cited list for all your sources (in MLA format (Links to an external site.)). (**Authors of articles can be found on the websites listed below, at either the top or bottom of each article on the website.)
Options for the Three Sources
Chapter 9 from Kendi’s book (**required).
The Guardian’s “Shades of Black” Colorism series (Links to an external site.), which includes a video conversation, as well as a variety of articles. (Various authors are listed at the top of the page for each article.)
“How the Camera Sees Color,” (Links to an external site.) a historical overview of Colorism in early Hollywood films, on the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture website. (See bottom of article for the two authors, Kye Farrow and Robert F. Smith.)
You may choose either two articles, or one article plus the video, from the Guardian’s “Shades of Black” series to go with Kendi’s Chapter 9 for your three sources; or you may use one article or video from “Shades of Black,” plus “How the Camera Sees Color” to go with Chapter 9 from Kendi. (Additional research is optional.)
(Please note: You may be prompted to register, at no cost, in order to access content on the Guardian’s website.)
(Approx. 450-500 words; more is fine.)
**You will need to respond to another student’s post, as well.
(All Discussion posts are due by 11:59pm on the due dates.)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.