Week 6 Discussion Collapse Overall rating of the message is 0. Overall Rating:
Some organizations receive confidential e-mails and take specific steps to protect and label these e-mails.
Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate at least two quality, academic resources (in addition to your textbook) on the protection and labeling of confidential emails. You may also use government websites, such as Cybersecurity from the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Please respond to the following in a post of at least 200 words:
Describe the methods organizations use to protect and label confidential e-mails.
Identify and describe any laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or legal requirements, such as eDiscovery, by which organizations may be required to abide.
Provide full citations and references, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
In 60 to 75 words, please respond to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses.
Note: You will find it helpful to use the information from this post and the feedback you receive on it in your assignment due this week.
2 hours ago
RE: Week 6 Discussion
Top of Form
Most organizations set up confidential e-mails as a specific way to protect company information when talking to other employees. As a result, in order to protect and label these e-mails, it would require methods that would ensure no leaks and no attacks from outside inteference. One way that organizations use to protect e-mails is to encrypt the data that is sent to another person. This method is incredibly useful since it protects confidential information from hackers and other cyber threats as there is no way to view the information sent without a decryption key. Another method organizations can use to protect confidential e-mails is to start blocking deceitful e-mail addresses. There are often problems where it may be hard for employees to distinguish between e-mails that are authentic or fraudulent, which is why it is important to set up a system where unverfiied emails directly go into the junk folder and other important emails be sectioned and so on.
There are some laws and legal requirements that every organization must abide by to ensure protection. One such law is the General Data Protection Regulation which is known to be the toughest privacy and security law in the world drafted in the European Union. GDPR applies to everyone not in the EU and also has high penalties if a organization ends up violating and of the data protection principles. Some of the principles outlined include lawfulness, transparency, accountability, integrity and many more. Another requirement organizations abide by is eDiscovery which is the electronic aspect of collecting or producing information in response to a request from an investigation or law suit. This is a complex process becuase there are so many aspects that go into eDiscovery and it is required by law to get all pieces together.
1. William Stallings. 2019. Effective cyber security : a guide to using best practices and standards. Pearson Education 1st edition.
2. GISUSER. 2021. How to Protect Confidential Information in an Email?.
Bottom of Form
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.