Part (a): Discussion post format
Include the following information as a numbered-bullet list (as shown below) in your discussion post (don’t lose points by not numbering your responses): NEVER COPY/PASTE QUESTION PROMPTS INTO YOUR DISCUSSION POST! (It looks unprofessional and not university-level work. Only include your responses into your graded discussion submission.)
Introduce your “family” by name (their name is located on right-side of webpage), include a copy/paste of the weblink, and include:
Where (e.g., geographic area) is your “family” from? (2-3 sentences)
What is their family income (state if annual or monthly)?
Locate an IMAGE of the area where the family lives (e.g., Google search > Image tab) and copy/paste the image AND copy/paste image weblink. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial to upload an image and embed into Canvas discussion (Links to an external site.).
Using the information found in your news article (STEP 5 above at the top of this page) & any other online news sources, write a 1-paragraph substantive (5-7 sentences) summary reporting a “positive economics” perspective of what the basic economy is in the area you’ve selected. For example, what does this area produce, how do people earn money, what is the population, what are the resource or scarcity issues in the area)? Be sure to include quantitative (numerical) information in this paragraph. Note that this bullet point should NOT include “normative economic” statements, it should only include a reporting of “what is”.
Include a correctly formatted APA citation: Author, (date) Title of the news article; name of news source; and web address (copy/pasted)
Refer APA Citation and Research Resources for Examples
Write a 1-paragraph substantive (5-7 paragraph) summary of something you found most surprising about your visit to Dollar Street website and WHY you were surprised; “normative economic” responses are encouraged. The thesis sentence in this paragraph should be a 1-sentence statement of your own reflection on something your found interesting about your family (specifically) or something (generally) that you found surprising from this assignment. Underline & Bold this sentence, it represents your thesis statement. The thesis sentence (central idea) should clearly state the direct object that you are referring to as a noun (avoid referring to the topic of your central idea with a pronoun or indirect object). The thesis sentence should stand-alone in meaning and not relay on other sentences for context in understanding.
Write one question that you still have related to your family or their country. Use a noun phrase denoting the direct object, not a pronoun to refer to your issue (i.e., the reader should understand exactly what you are referring to without needing to reference elsewhere in your summary. (Good example: How big of a problem is red tide in other countries?; Bad example: How big of a problem is this in other countries?).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.