Please see attached “Final Assignment” along with diagrams for Question 8. The grading Rubric is also attached. Please read the Final Assignment thoroughly.
Instructions for the assignment:
Use APA format for this exam. Include a title page and a reference page. Please include the number and question for the 5 questions you choose to answer.
The final assignment requires an essay response to five questions. Use class notes, texts, and other materials. The assignment should be double-spaced and include the page number. While there is a maximum page length of 2 pages per answer, your job is to thoroughly answer all questions.
Grading will be on three attributes in responses: (1) comprehension of what theory has to do with practice (i.e., evidence-based practice); (2) familiarity with related literature, including what is found in your textbooks; and (3) technical and practical application. Avoid writing in glittering generalities; use appropriate citations and examples. If there are a couple of ways of looking at the problem, share them along with a rationale. Avoid personal pronouns. This will elevate the academic tone of your writing. Even though some portions of the questions ask for a personal viewpoint, it is not necessary to write – “I think… or My philosophy is….” When you do not use a citation, it is clear that your thoughts are communicated.
This 75-point assignment requires you to answer a total of FIVE questions. You must answer #1 below and an additional four questions.
1. Define human capital development and explain the role of human capital relative to today’s organizations and the people who work in them.
Answer FOUR of the SEVEN questions below. In the assignment, include the question and number.
2. Compare and contrast how the three-component theories of HRD – psychological, economic, and systems – work together for effective human capital development. In particular, emphasize the desired relationship between theory and practice. Conclude with your own view of theory and its implications for human capital development.
3. Analysis is said to be the cornerstone for improving learning and performance in the workplace. Explain the goals and processes (methods) of performance, organizational, environmental, gap, and root cause analysis and discuss the role of each type of analysis in intervention selection.
4. Performance interventions are often grouped into categories for ease of use. The Fundamentals of Performance Improvement (3rd Ed.) text defines eight distinct categories of interventions. a. Identify two of the interventions and explain the potential enablers, barriers, and desired impact/result of implementing each of the identified performance interventions. Choose two interventions other than the one you presented in the Pecha Kucha format.
5. Swanson and Holton present paradigms of human resource development in Chapter 7. Choose the learning paradigm assumption and the performance paradigm assumption you feel most closely align with your personal philosophy of learning and performance in the workplace. Explain your choice of assumptions.
6. What is strategic human resource development, and what are the greatest challenges facing HRD in today’s workplace?
7. Define evidence-based practice in the context of the scholar-practitioner.
8. Compare the strengths and weaknesses of the ISPI Performance Improvement/HPT Model and the ASTD Performance Improvement Model below. Which model will you most likely use and why? (model pictures attached)
Galagan, P., Hirt, M., & Vital, C. (2020). Capabilities for talent development: shaping the future of the profession. Atd.
Rothwell W., Hohne, C., and King, S. (2018). Human performance improvement: Building practitioner performance (3rd ed.). New York: Routledge. ISBN: 978-1138237605.
Swanson, R., & Holton, E. (2009). Foundations of human resource development (2nd ed.). Oakland: Berrett-Koehler. ISBN: 978-1-57675-496.
Van Tiem, D., Moseley, J., & Dessinger, J. (2012). Fundamentals of performance improvement: Optimizing results through people, process, and organizations (3rd ed.). San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN: 978-1-118-02524-6.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.