FIN 421 Project Report
Obtain at least five years of financial data for each of those firms from the SEC web site
(www.sec.gov). I expect you to read the 10-K reports. It will help you write Phase I: History of
the industry part of the project. For the numerical analysis, we will use WRDS to download the
financial data. It is a data service which is widely used and therefore will be helpful for you to
This project is designed to i) familiarize students with 10-K reports and much of the data
available to investors for analyzing companies, ii) learn how to use the WRDS data service, and
iii) provide an opportunity to get some hands-on experience applying corporate finance theory and
models to real firms. In the process, students will:
(a) examine the history of the industry and perform a ratio analysis
(b) examine the sources of risk in the industry
(c) compare and contrast capital structures of firms in the industry
(d) compare and contrast the dividend and share repurchase policy of firms in the industry
(e) perform a simple valuation of the firm
Industry: Automotive Industry
Five U.S firms in the industry :
General Motors (GM)
Jeep (STLA) which is Stellantis
Each Phase should be 3-4 pages excluding graps, tabales and refrence page.
Format for the Project Report
I. Phase I: History of the Industry
A. Provide a brief history of the industry over the past ten years, including the major
players, any major acquisitions, restructurings, or other newsworthy events that
have occurred recently. This should be updated throughout the semester to reflect
any events that occur during the semester.
B. Discuss the different sources of risks for the industry.
C. How has the industry performed during the recessionary periods versus other
periods in the market?
D. Sources: finance.yahoo.com, Moody’s, Value Line, The Wall Street Journal,
Company annual reports (edgar.sec.gov)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.