For this assignment, select one of the following options.
Option 1: Poetry
Select any 2 poems about the Holocaust. You can select from the following list of poets/poems or conduct additional research on Holocaust poetry. Make sure to get approval from your instructor if you are selecting something not on the list. Click on the link to see the list:
Link: List of Poets/Poems
· Bronislawa Wajs: Tears of Blood
· Primo Levi: Buna
· Chaim Nachman Bialik: After My Death; On the Slaughter
· Martin Niemöller: First They Came for the Jews
· Mary Elizabeth Frye: Do not stand at my grave and weep
· Carl Sandburg: Grass
· Miklós Radnóti: Postcard 1; Postcard 2; Postcard 3; Postcard 4
· Bertolt Brecht: The Burning of the Books; Parting; The Mask of Evil
· Ber Horvitz: Der Himmel [The Heavens]
· Yala Korwin: Passover Night 1942; The Little Boy with His Hands Up
· Michael R. Burch: Something
· Paul Celan: Death Fugue; O, Little Root of a Dream
Write an analysis of each poem, including the following information:
· Explain the background on the author, especially in relation to the Holocaust.
· Explain the content of the poem – what story or message is it trying to tell?
· How does the poem relate to the bigger picture of the Holocaust?
· How effective is the poem in relating the Holocaust to readers?
Option 2: Art
Select any 2 of works of art about the Holocaust. You can select from the following list or conduct additional research on Holocaust art. Make sure to get approval from your instructor if you are selecting something not on the list. Click on the link to see the list:
Link: List of Artists/Artworks
· Morris Kestelman: Lama Sabachthani [Why Have You Forsaken Me?]
· George Mayer-Marton: Women with Boudlers
· Bill Spira: Prisoners Carrying Cement
· Jan Hartman: Death March (Czechowice-Bielsko, January 1945)
· Edgar Ainsworth: Belsen
· Leslie Cole: One of the Death Pits, Belsen. SS Guards Collecting Bodies
· Doris Zinkeisen: Human Laundry, Belsen: April 1945
· Eric Taylor: A Young Boy from Belsen Concentration Camp
· Mary Kessell: Notes from Belsen Camp
· Edith Birkin: The Death Cart – Lodz Ghetto
· Shmuel Dresner: Benjamin
· Roman Halter: Mother with Babies
· Leo Breuer: Path Between the Barracks, Gurs Camp
· Leo (Lev) Haas: Transport Arrival, Theresienstadt Ghetto
· Jacob Lipschitz: Beaten (My Brother Gedalyahu)
· Norbert Troller: Terezin
· Anselm Kiefer: Sternenfall
Write an analysis of each artwork, including the following information:
· Identify the title, artist, date completed, and medium used.
· Explain the content of the artwork – what do the images show?
· How does the artwork relate to the bigger picture of the Holocaust?
· How effective is the artwork in relating the Holocaust to viewers?
Option 3: Video
Watch the following video:
· Link (video): The Holocaust (Links to an external site.) (35:00)
Write a paper on what you learned about peoples’ experiences and intentions during the Holocaust:
· What were the Nazis thinking of when they made these decisions?
· What were the otherwise good people of Germany thinking when they allowed it to go on?
· What were the victims of this genocide thinking and feeling as they went through this terrible process?
· Describe at least one part of the video that had the greatest impact on you.
· How effective are the writings/images in the video in relating the Holocaust to viewers?
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 2-3 pages (not including title page or references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.