PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS: MACRO
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT # 1 (Sections 1-4)
COMPLETE EACH QUESTION AND SHOW YOUR WORK. TYPE YOUR ANSWERS AND TURN IN BY THE ASSIGNED DUE DATE THRU CANVAS IN EITHER A WORD DOC OR PDF FILE. THIS IS NOT A GROUP ASSIGNMENT. ALL WORK MUST BE YOUR OWN.
1) Complete the table and then indicate when diminishing returns takes place based on
marginal product column. (12 POINTS)
Use the following table and information to answer question # 1. Each worker works a 5 hour shift with a wage of $15.00 per hour. Each Pizza made has a cost of $4 (excluding the labor cost) and the sales price of each widget is $16.
# of Workers
Total # of Pizzas
2) Complete the following chart for Net Marginal Benefit. (6 POINTS)
2019 Highest Grossing Movies
Total Worldwide Earnings
Net Marginal Benefit
$ 356 million
$ 2,798 million
The Lion King”
$ 260 million
$ 1,657 million
Toy Story 4”
$ 200 million
$ 150 million
$ 152 million
$ 1,128 million
3) You have an opportunity to work 5 hours overtime and earn 1.5 times your usual rate of $20 per hour. However, a total of $37 will be taken out for taxes. You parked in the parking garage and will have to pay $5 total to park for the additional hours. You also didn’t pack an extra meal, which you already have in the refrigerator at home. You will have to spend $8 for food. According to the marginal principle and everything else equal; will you work the overtime? (Show your work: marginal benefit, marginal cost and net marginal benefit/loss) (9 POINTS)
4) You shop online and have a budget of $1,000. You want to buy a Chromebook for $350, a 4K LED TV for $500 and two new Nintendo switch games for $100 OR a new smartphone for $1,000. You end up buying the smartphone for $1,000. The store also sells clothes, furniture, and video games. In this example explain what is your opportunity cost? (Explain your answer) (7 POINTS)
5) Complete the following table. Include the amount and indicate if it is a surplus or shortage. (5 POINTS)
Budget Surplus (+)
6) List and define the three main legal forms of business ownership. (Main categories) (12 POINTS)
Using the graph below answer questions 7-10
7) What is the market equilibrium price? (6 POINTS)
8) What is the market equilibrium quantity? (6 POINTS)
9) At $2 is there a surplus or shortage and what is the amount of it? (6 POINTS)
10) At $4 is there a surplus or shortage and what is the amount of it? (6 POINTS)
Use the following graphs to answer questions 11-15. NOTE: this is not matching so a graph may be used more than once or not at all.
11) Which graph would illustrate a market situation for a fashion item that becomes more popular with consumers? (5 POINTS)
12) Which graph would illustrate a market situation where a natural disaster destroys a portion of a crop? (5 POINTS)
13) Which graph would illustrate a market situation where people are trying to be healthy so they avoid a particular food item? (5 POINTS)
14) Which graph would illustrate a market situation where technology now makes it easier and cheaper to produce a product? (5 POINTS)
15) Which graph would illustrate a market situation where a good marketing campaign makes consumers want a certain product more? (5 POINTS)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.