© Paul Koester, Dallas County Community College, 2018
COSC 2425 – Computer Organization
Lab #7 – Set Associative Cache
Programs for embedded devices are often written in assembly language. Some embedded processors
have limited instructions, like MARIE. Create a MARIE program which determines whether a given
address is a cache hit or not. For this assignment, the cache is 2-way set associative, addresses are 8
bits, blocks are 8 bytes, and the cache has 8 blocks.
1. The program must be written in MARIE.
2. The input is a hex address (2 hex digits), the output is 1 for a cache hit and 0 for a cache miss.
3. The cache table is
Set 0 1 5
Set 1 2 4
Set 2 3 2
Set 3 6 0
4. Unlike a real memory system, for this assignment, the cache table won’t change on a cache
1. You have already written a multiply subroutine for MARIE. You could use a similar integer
divide subroutine for this. It could return both a quotient and a remainder.
2. I recommend writing this in Java or C++ first to test your algorithm. Write the divide method
using repeated subtraction as you will in MARIE.
3. The textbook describes the LoadI instruction, but the MARIE simulator does not recognize that.
You can accomplish the same thing using Clear and AddI.
Upload: Your MARIE source file (.mas)
Input: B5, Output: 0
Input: A5, Output: 1
Input: 6C, Output: 0
Input: 7D, Output: 0
Input: 8B, Output: 1
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.