Rules that make Boxing Safer
Select from the reading and the class discussion why and how the rules for boxing have been implemented for the safety of the fighters. All responses must be made to Moodle and submitted in PDF Format. 150 word minimum, please include your name, date, class, subject, professor’s name and any applicable references. Title information is not considered part of the word count. MLA
ASSOCIATION OF BOXING COMMISSIONS
UNIFIED RULES OF BOXING
As Approved August 25. 2001. Amended August 2, 2002, Amended July 3, 2008.
Amended July 24. 2012, Amended July 29, 2014, Amended August 3, 2016
1. Each round shall consist of a three (3) minute duration, with a one (1) minute rest period between
2. The referee is the sole arbiter of a bout and is the only individual authorized to stop a contest. This
rule shall not preclude a video or other review of a decision under the procedures of the applicable
regulatory authority if a protest is filed claiming a clear rule violation.
3. All bouts will be evaluated and scored by three (3) judges.
4. The 10 Point Must System will be the standard system of scoring a bout.
5. The Mandatory Eight (8) Count after knockdowns will be standard procedure in all bouts.
6. All professional boxers are required to wear a mouthpiece during competition. The round cannot
begin without the mouthpiece. If the mouthpiece is dislodged during competition, the referee will call
time and have the mouthpiece replaced at the first opportune moment, without interfering with the
immediate action. Points may be deducted by the referee if he feels the mouthpiece is being
purposely spit out.
7. There is NO Standing Eight (8) Count.
8. There is NO Three (3) Knockdown Rule.
9. A boxer shall receive a twenty (20) second count if the boxer is knocked out of the ring. The boxer
is to be unassisted by spectators or his/her seconds. If assisted by anyone, the boxer may lose
points or be disqualified with such a decision being within the sole discretion of the referee.
10. A boxer who has been knocked down cannot be saved by the bell in any round.
11. If a boxer sustains an injury from a fair blow and the injury is severe enough to terminate the
bout, the injured boxer shall lose by TKO.
12. Injuries sustained by Fouls:
A. Intentional Fouls
1. If an intentional foul causes an injury, and the injury is severe enough to terminate the bout
immediately, the boxer causing the injury shall lose by disqualification.
2. If an intentional foul causes an injury and the bout is allowed to continue, the referee shall notify the
authorities and deduct two
(2) points from the boxer who caused the foul. Point deductions for intentional fouls will be
3. If an intentional foul causes an injury and the bout is allowed to continue, and the injury results in the
bout being stopped in any
round after the fourth (4th) round, the injured boxer will win by TECHNICAL DECISION if he is
ahead on the score cards;
and the bout will result in a TECHNICAL DRAW if the injured boxer is behind or even on the score
4. If the boxer injures himself while attempting to intentionally foul his opponent, the referee will not
take any action in his favor, and this injury shall be the same as one produced by a fair blow.
5. If the referee feels that a boxer has conducted himself in an
unsportsmanlike manner, he may stop the bout and disqualify the
B. Accidental Fouls
1. If an accidental foul causes an injury severe enough for the referee to stop the bout, the bout will
result in a NO DECISION if stopped before four (4) completed rounds. Four (4) rounds are complete
when the bell rings signifying the end of the fourth round.
2. If an accidental foul causes an injury severe enough for the referee to stop the bout after four ( 4)
rounds have occurred, the bout will result in a TECHNICAL DECISION awarded to the boxer who is
ahead on the score cards at the time the bout is stopped.
a. Partial or incomplete rounds will be scored. If no action has occurred, the round
should be scored as an even round. This is at the discretion of the judges.
13. A fighter who is hit with an accidental low blow must continue after a reasonable amount of time
but no more than five (5) minutes, or he/she will lose the fight.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.