CS547 Wireless Networking and Security
WIRELESS SITE SURVEY
The purpose of this homework is to familiarize you with wireless networking environment
and the various tools that are available to help practitioners effectively plan and deploy
Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs).
1. Perform a literature review and/or an Internet search on wireless site survey, wireless
interference, wireless access, and wireless networks.
2. Download CommView for WiFi (https://www.tamos.com/download/main/ca.php) and
WifiInfoView (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html) and install them
on a laptop computer.
3. Run the tools and familiarize yourself with all the terms that appear on the GUI. Such
terms include, among others, SSID, TX/RX, IP, MAC, dBm, and RSSI. You should
describe these in your report. Collect as much data as possible on different
scenarios/environments (home, school, or commercial establishments that are
equipped with WiFi). Analyze the data collected and determine the relevancy of each
available data item.
4. Describe how the tool can be utilized in:
a. searching for WiFi networks
b. managing and troubleshooting WiFi connections
c. verifying WiFi coverage
d. locating WiFi devices, and
e. detecting rogue APs
Write your report according to the “Guidelines for Reports”. Use IEEE style for your citations
your report through Canvas.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.